The Membership and Events Manager will be responsible for delivering Air Ambulances UK’s membership offering and events playing a pivotal role in supporting and expanding membership.
Membership and Events Manager
Location: Home-based in Bristol or Midlands
Hours of Work: 30 – 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Reporting to: Head of Income Generation
Direct Reports: Membership and Events Officer
Air Ambulances UK
Air Ambulances UK (AAUK) is the national charity supporting the lifesaving work of the UK’s air ambulance charities, enabling them to save even more lives every day.
Purpose of Post
The postholder will be responsible for AAUK’s online digital community the Members Hub, developing additional membership benefits and creating a Membership Development Strategy. Key events include the Annual Conference and Awards of Excellence, All Party Parliamentary Group Air Ambulance Reception and attendance at Helitech, Emergency Services Show and other relevant events.
The current membership portfolio includes local air ambulance charities, air ambulance suppliers and other key stakeholders who support the air ambulance community.
- Responsible for the delivery of AAUK’s Annual Conference and Awards of Excellence including managing key suppliers, delivering the speaker programme and managing income/expenditure.
- Creation of a sponsorship pipeline for key events in collaboration with other members of the Income Generation team to ensure all opportunities for sponsorship are maximised.
- Ensure maximum benefit from AAUK’s attendance at events such as The Emergency Service Show and Helitech.
- Creation and management of a varied membership pipeline to support the expansion and diversification of membership.
- Working in collaboration with other organisations and partners to further develop the current membership offering to include additional benefits.
- Develop a Membership Development Strategy to underpin membership activities to support membership satisfaction and growth.
- Respond effectively to member enquiries, providing timely and accurate information, advice and guidance as needed.
- Responsible for all membership materials.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate membership information is recorded on AAUK’s CRM.
- Ensure membership engagement in key AAUK campaigns such as Air Ambulances Week.
- Ownership of the AAUK Members Hub, the digital community for members including the ongoing development of the platform.
- Identify new functionality and opportunities to develop the Members Hub to maximise engagement from and benefit to members.
- Provide relevant content, moderation and identification of key trends and areas of positive and negative member feedback within the Members Hub.
- Represent and be an ambassador for AAUK.
- Work to support AAUK‘s vision, purpose, values, goals, and priorities.
- Be flexible and carry out any other associated duties that may arise, develop, or be assigned.
- Report and present to the AAUK Board when necessary.
- Support and promote diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace.
- Comply with legal requirements for income generation general activities including GDPR, The Fundraising Code of Practice and others.
- 36 days annual leave including Bank Holidays FTE
- Access to the Blue Light Card and Blue Light Events
- Pension contributions
- Development opportunities
Closing date: Please do not delay your application as we will be reviewing applications when received and scheduling interviews as soon as possible.
If you feel you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, please apply now!
Please read the attached Job Description before applying by CV and covering letter. Your covering letter should clearly and succinctly demonstrate how you meet the person specification.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
AAUK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.
No agencies please.