Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of our new five-year strategy, Saving More Lives Together 2021-2025
Air Ambulances UK, the national charity for the lifesaving work of air ambulance charities across the UK, is unveiling its new five-year strategy, Saving More Lives Together 2021-2025.
The strategy marks a new era for Air Ambulances UK, which joined forces with the former professional membership organisation, the Association of Air Ambulances, last year creating one single national charity for the air ambulance sector.
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of the new strategy, underpinned by a unifying vision:
‘Together we will ensure the best possible chance of survival and patient outcome for everyone in need of lifesaving pre-hospital care’
The strategy sees the charity’s purpose broadened to include the delivery of professional membership activities, as well as funding for its beneficiaries.
‘Champion, support and represent the vital work of air ambulance charities, enabling them to save even more lives and improve patient outcomes every day across the UK’
To deliver on its purpose and continually works towards its vision, the charity’s five strategic goals are:
- We will inspire commitment to the sector through raising funds, generating support and increasing national awareness of our cause
- We will become the trusted, national collective voice of the sector among central government, peer organisations, media and the public
- We will support and champion research and good practice in the sector by the delivery of projects and sharing of learning to improve patient outcomes
- We will deliver funding which enables air ambulance charity development and become the leading central hub of mutual information exchange, support and advice for the community
- We will achieve the highest standards of governance and compliance, ensure financial sustainability and will nurture our team, as well as demonstrate our impact
As part of its new strategy, the charity is also introducing a new set of values to unite its wider stakeholders behind it new vision, purpose and goals focussing on Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Excellence and Kindness.
The highly experienced Air Ambulances UK Board will continue to ensure the highest standards of governance and financial sustainability, while its very talented team will focus on delivery of excellence across the broad range of activities to ensure maximum impact can be achieved for both members and beneficiaries, and the lives of many more people can be saved.
Heather Benjamin, Chair of Air Ambulances UK said:
“We are really excited about launching our five-year strategy and taking Air Ambulances UK on the next stage of its journey working with air ambulance charities right across the UK. “
Simmy Akhtar, CEO of Air Ambulances UK said:
“We are incredibly proud to be launching our Saving More Lives Together five-year strategy, which is focussed on collaboration and innovation; bringing people, expertise and ideas together, in order to enable air ambulance charities to save the lives of even more people in need of lifesaving pre-hospital care every day across the UK, now and into the future.”