Join our fundraising team to help raise vital national funding for air ambulance charities across the UK
Air Ambulances UK is the recognised national charity championing, supporting and representing the air ambulance charities right across the UK, helping to ensure they can save even more lives every day across the UK.
We have a valued membership of air ambulance charities and other organisations working within the air ambulance sector, and create national partnership with UK-wide organisations, generating vital funds for the charities. We are focused on working together to save even more lives and improving patient outcomes.
We are looking for a an experienced Fundraising Officer to join our team. Find out more below.
Hours of Work:
37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
Permanent Full Time
£24,000 – £26,000 per annum
Fundraising and Communications Manager
Purpose of Post
The Fundraising Officer will be responsible for business development and managing national partnerships that raise funds for Air Ambulances UK and our 21 air ambulance charity beneficiaries across the UK. The main objectives are:
- Creation and management of a robust pipeline to support business development opportunities and income targets for national partnerships.
- Maximise income generation opportunities from existing and new partners.
- Provide exceptional account management to a diverse mix of partners.
- To work proactively to identify, research and develop new national partnerships (corporates, representative bodies, trusts and foundations) through the creation and management of a robust pipeline.
- To provide exceptional account management to a mix of national partnerships to consistently deliver mutually beneficial and multi-year partnerships aligned to AAUK’s strategic objectives and meet agreed income and engagement targets.
- To secure new corporate relationships including strategic partners, commercial and brand partnerships, grant giving, charity of the year, as well as cause-related and affinity marketing partnerships to contribute to meeting financial targets.
- To develop effective, relevant, and innovative funding proposals and pitches for potential and current partners aligned to Air Ambulances UK 2021 – 2025 Strategy.
- To work collaboratively with beneficiary organisations to deliver the full potential of national partnerships, promote awareness of our national fundraising programme to support business development and to deliver financial and social impact reporting of partnerships.
- To effectively project manage and work collaboratively with local air ambulance charity stakeholders to coordinate and maximise opportunities.
- All relevant administration tasks including thanking and recognition, monthly activity reporting, management of our general inbox and updating and maintaining AAUK’s CRM system (Donorfy).
- To attend meetings and make presentations to staff, beneficiaries, and member charities.
- To keep abreast of market trends and developments in partnership fundraising.
- To work in a way that reflects and supports Air Ambulances UK’s Values
- To perform any other duties as assigned
Internal: Fundraising and Communications Manager, Head of Fundraising and Communications, Finance Manager, CEO, AAUK Board
External: Local air ambulances, key contacts within partnerships, suppliers, and other key stakeholders
|Education||· Relevant fundraising qualification|
|Experience||· Experience of national corporate partnerships work
· Experience of business development and pitching
· Experience of achieving agreed income targets and accurate financial reporting
· Experience of project management
· Experience of working with fundraising databases
· Experience of managing relationships with a variety of partners and stakeholders
|· General fundraising experience particularly in Trust and Grants fundraising|
|Abilities||· Ability to develop and deliver creative and innovative fundraising propositions for potential partners and donors, as well as other various stakeholders
· Ability to communicate, motivate and inspire supporters and key audiences virtually and face-to-face as well as by post, telephone and by other appropriate methods
· Ability to make tailored presentations to varying audiences
|Skills||· Proficient in the use of IT tools such as MS Office
· Strong attention to detail and high standards in the production of quality work
· Self-motivated with the ability to work both alone and as part of a small team
|Knowledge and Understanding||· To possess, or have the motivation to develop, a thorough knowledge of the work of Air Ambulances UK and the air ambulance sector
· Understanding of the need to work in collaboration with fundraisers from beneficiary charities organisations
· Understanding and knowledge of emerging digital fundraising practises
· Knowledge of GDPR principles
|· Knowledge of the Fundraising Regulator Code of Fundraising Practise and its guidelines|
|Personal||· Influencing and negotiating skills
· Excellent communications skills
· Active problem-solving skills
· The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
· Pro active self-starter
· Creative and innovative thinking
· Team player who embraces collaborative working
· Commitment to upholding, supporting and demonstrating the Air Ambulances UK values and behaviours in your work internally and externally
|Other||· Driving license
· Access to your own vehicle
· Willingness to travel, including overnight stays
Please apply by submitting your CV and a covering letter which addresses all the criteria in the person specification by 24 May 2021 at 10am to: firstname.lastname@example.org